Getting Your Vacation Off To A Flying Start

by Online Hotelier on September 10, 2010

The trick to getting the most from your holiday is to arrive at your destination as relaxed and refreshed as possible. Unfortunately, most people are at work one day busily trying to tie up all the loose ends and then the next morning they find themselves driving to the airport.

In the UK most flights take off early morning to pick up customers up later in the day who are returning home and this means that check in is nearly always very early and if you have a long way to drive entails getting up just past midnight.

Having done this on many occasions when flying from any of the London airports, I find it takes at least a few days to recover and relax. Holidays are long looked to events and arriving at your destination tired and probably a little stressed is not the best of starts and far from the image you have carried in your mind.

More often than not, we now book into a hotel close to the airport and travel down the previous day. Apart from not having to get up so early, it allows you to unwind knowing you have ample time to get to the airport and it becomes part of your holiday stopping off for a spot of lunch and a relaxing meal in the evening.

In fact, if you compare the price of Gatwick airport parking with Gatwick hotels with parking you will be pleasantly surprised at how little you have to pay if you use a budget or even a 3 star hotel and well worth the money to get your holiday off to a stress free start.

{ 13 comments }

tampa movers 09.10.10 at 2:49 pm

Those are definitely excellent deals! Thanks for sharing!

Jan 09.10.10 at 5:45 pm

Now these are really good ideas! Your suggestion about comparing the price of hotels with parking or just paying for parking alone is a bonza idea! And the idea of de-stressing as part of your holiday package agenda is fabulous. I have done a lot of travelling both around Australia and overseas and I know for a fact that the holidays I have started out without rushing around to get stuff done compared to those that have started off from being over-stressed have varied considerably.

When visiting another country and adjusting to the food, climate,culture etc is done much easier from a relaxed state, believe me!

Cheap Hotels Brisbane Airport 09.15.10 at 1:37 am

To have a great vacation, consider this ideas. When you travel, don’t invite chaos by leaving chaos behind. If you leave your home in chaos, you will attract the same energy during your vacation. This can manifest as problems with hotel rooms, difficult airline connections or other misfortunes.

1. To ensure a safe and joyful holiday, before leaving prepare your home for a welcoming return. Pay particular attention to the kitchen – give away or throw out any leftovers or outdated food, and be sure to empty all trashcans. Garbage of any kind is stagnating and reduces the flow of energy. Stock your cabinets, too, so you are greeted with a feeling of abundance when you get home.

2. If you will be away for more than a few days, ask a friend to care for your plants, open the curtains on the day of your return to let the light in and place some natural air fresheners around so your home will smell fresh and clean.

Hope this helps. Thanks !! ö

phoenix kitchen 09.16.10 at 4:48 am

I myself usually went for a trip to unwind, to relaxed and to enjoy. With the information you shared I’m sure, all my future trips will be as worthy as I expected. Thanks for that and keep up sharing useful information.

American Motorhome 09.16.10 at 11:18 pm

It is interesting and informative article about travelling. This has been very helpful understanding a lot of things, and also i love to travelling.

Laterooms Hotels 10.11.10 at 3:45 am

Great tips. Pretty Interesting post. Couldnt be written any better. Reading this post reminds me of my old room mate! He always kept talking about this. I will forward this post to him. Pretty sure he will have a good read. Thanks for sharing!

Rane 10.13.10 at 8:40 am

Booking to a hotel that’s close to the airport is really a great idea. You can rest as soon as you arrive. I always see to it that I get to rest upon arriving before I go and loiter around the place 🙂 Nothing beats getting rest before moving on again.

Redline 10.20.10 at 5:15 am

You have a point..enjoyment and relaxation are the main goal for a vacation so to start with refresh your mind with all the worries plus a comfortable flight to make your travel easy are really awesome!

Hotels in Venice 11.13.10 at 3:11 am

One should book a hotel near to the airport to avoid meaningless travelling,many affordable hotels are easily available near airport,its an important issue to be kept in mind to have a more relaxed,pleased travelling,thanks for sharing important information..

Nattie@Las Vegas Wedding Chapel 11.18.10 at 4:11 am

Nice post, great idea for a light travelers like me.. rushing to get back to work while in a vacation..thanks for the info..

Phoenix Bathroom Remodel 05.12.11 at 5:39 pm

Excellent advice. Looking forward to this summer’s vacation in hawaii.

Tom a. 07.04.11 at 3:50 pm

Don’t forget to use promo codes and check out codes when you book your vacation flights hotel rooms and activities. You could be saving a few dollars to thousands.

Motels in Brunswick 04.18.12 at 8:11 am

Always book a hotel where they are having discount because it helps a lot in terms of money. And be a wise searcher when booking.

Comments on this entry are closed.